Tuesday, March 13, 2007

we made it

Baby R went on her first road trip to surprise Great Grandma Firebaugh on her 74th birthday! Great Grandma was surprised and thrilled to let Baby R (and Mommy), Austin, Aunt Molly, and Grandma take over her house for three days! The weather was beautiful, so we spent plenty of time outside. We went to the park, went on walks, and even went to the zoo in Asheboro! It was fun, but too short! Grandma wasn't super cooperative with the pictures, but here is one of her with Baby R. Thank you to Jodi and Kevin for the super cute sunhat!

I also got to meet Uncle Rob, Aunt Nancy, and Cousin Julie when they came over for Grandma's birthday celebration! In June they will become Grandparents (and Julie will be an Aunt) when Joe and Martie have their baby boy!

Uncle Jon and Cousin Emily let us have the party at their house, so I got to meet them for the first time! Aunt Karen couldn't be there because Josh and Julia had their baby girl, Maya! Hopefully I can meet her sometime soon!

Austin and I had a fun time together! Here we are after a long day at the zoo, sporting our new hats! We were so tired that we napped on the ride home.

I did really well on the trip. Especially considering the car ride was 12 hours! We drove at night so Austin and I would sleep most of the trip, but it wasn't very easy sleeping all night in my car seat. By the time we finally got home monday morning I was pooped! I napped for a total of 5 hours on monday and still slept all night monday night. I guess all the excitement just wore me out. Happy Birthday Great Grandma Firebaugh!

5 comments:

barb said...

Baby R - you are so descriptive that I felt like I was there all over again. love the pics. hope to see more.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could get Nick to shop for the girls on our date night! How fun!!!

Mama Brooks said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful trip and that you got to be outside in the sunshine!

Stephanie said...

I've been looking forward to hearing about your trip. I'm so glad you were able to get out and have a good time. The zoo looked like fun!

Nick said...

I wish we could've been there as well. Glad you guys had fun!