Thursday, March 1, 2007

then and now

In less than two weeks, Baby R will celebrate her 6 month birthday! As Grandpa was reminding me of this fact I started to look back on the past 6 months of life, and of course got sentimental. It is exciting to see Baby R growing up, but at the same time it is sad, she grows too fast! Molly called me yesterday because there is an opening for Austin to start school, no way! No longer is he the baby of the family, instead Baby R has taken that spot. How long before she is no longer considered the baby? Here is a picture of her sleeping in her boppy when she was one month old...

Now take a look at this picture of her at 5 1/2 months old, she no longer naps in the boppy, but instead she uses it to help her sit-up without toppling over!

I can no longer remember life without my miracle baby. Even our month in the NICU seems like a distant memory. I always pray that I will be blessed to know how to help her develop, but instead she teaches me new things every day. I love her more every day, which seems impossible. I love Papa R more every day, and am so thankful that he works and goes to school so I can stay home with our precious baby. I even realize how much more I love and respect my parents and siblings for all that they did and do for me. It always amazes me just how many ways she can bless our lives, countless ways. I lost track around number 9,122,006...

2 comments:

barb said...

countless ways... i couldn't agree more

Mama Brooks said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.