Wednesday, February 7, 2007
Sleep is good
Well Baby R's sleeping is finally getting more routine, and she is adapting to her crib quite well now. For instance, when we first put her in her crib to sleep and let her cry it out, it took her around 30 minutes (which seemed to last forever!) Tonight when I laid her down she was out in 4. Yes, 4 minutes! What a tremendous blessing! I have really been exhausted these past almost 5 months. I know all new parents are, but I never expected to have a baby who wouldn't sleep. When we used to add up her sleeping (nighttime, naps, dozes, etc...) it would normally add up to approximately 8-9.5 hours in a 24 hour cycle. No wonder she wasn't always a happy baby, she was exhausted too! Today she slept approximately 12 hours (in a 24 hour period) - what an improvement! Thanks to all of your thoughts and prayers - we have definitely been having a much better week than normal. It is amazing how much happier we all can be when we get a little more sleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah for sleep!! I'm so glad she's adjusting to the crib. She is so cute in these pics on your blog.
as a member of a 'sleeping' family i am glad she has discovered she enjoys sleeping too - and more quickly!
Post a Comment