We had a wonderful thanksgiving this year. We hosted it at our house for my parents, molly and her family, and my aunt and uncle. Then my cousins joined us after dinner to plan out our black friday shopping. It was only my second turkey, but I think it was pretty good. It was exhausting preparing for it all, because Rick injured his knee wednesday night and was pretty much out of commission. We managed everything, though, and were only a half hour later than my projected dinner time. The girls wanted to try on their Christmas dresses (which Reagan did NOT want to take off). So I managed to get a shot of them, in case I forget when Christmas actually gets here.
The thanksgiving spread...

We set-up the tables in the living room so we could all eat together.

My little pilgrim girl
The kids watching a little backyardigans while we cleaned up from dinner.

My camera battery died, so this was the only shot I got of my Indian girl.

Jill brought these adorable treats!

Black friday was ex.haust.ing. My mom and my sis and I were champs, and got basically everything we needed. Starting at Toys R Us at 11 (opened at midnight), crashing at Molly's for 2 hours, then hitting Target at 4. Then numerous other stores before we met up with my Aunt and Uncle for some breakfast. I did nap for about an hour when my girls napped that day. Then we hit up the light parade here in town. The floats were pretty cool, but man was it cold! Here are some of the floats.



The girls danced while the choir performed at the ampitheatre.

We met Rudolph's girlfriend.

The girls thought the reindeers were awesome.
Now to get our Christmas tree!
2 comments:
that parade looked good. i hope to go next year!! such a fun day - thanks for the pics
Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving! We also made those pilgrim hat cookies with our nieces and nephews. Thanks to Taste of Home magazine!!
Post a Comment