Tuesday, March 24, 2009

dear ellen

I have had a lot of people tell me that Reagan needs to be on a talk show or something because of her ability to read. I have thought about it off and on, and could not really decide what to do. Steph called me one morning to tell me that Regis and Kelly were doing a search for whiz kids, and thought I should enter Reagan. Then Molly pointed out that Ellen films in California, which would be way cooler to travel to. So I finally decided to make a video to submit to Ellen in her search for talented kids. I know it is probably a long shot, especially since the website said they are looking for videos to show on their show. But, hey, if Reagan got a free trip to California because of it, that would be totally awesome. Plus, any way of raising awareness about CF is completely worth it in my book. So here it is, my video trying to convince Ellen that Reagan should be on her show. It is 10 minutes long I think, so don't feel bad if you don't have time to watch it. I just wanted to share it, in case she never makes it on TV!

16 comments:

Claire said...

That is the cutest thing EVER!!! I really, really hope she gets on the show. Maybe I'd have to drive out there to be in the studio audience! :D Good luck Reagan!!

The Stump Clan said...

If they don't have her on they are morons! She is such a genius like her aunt Molly!

Ben and Meg said...

She's just brilliant! And you're such a good mom for spending the time to encourage her genius! :)

The Stump Clan said...

Oh and one more thing- if she gets on the show- you have to take me cause I suggested it. Just so you know.

barb said...

I love it. Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

I think she is smarter than me...

Missi said...

Reagan, you're amazing! I really hope you get to be on Ellen's show! :) Katie, I think this is a great idea/opportunity. You're such a dedicated mother! :)

Claire said...

lol at Molly's comment!!

Rachel said...

She is sooo cute! And I think tops my knowledge of the capitals... maybe I should work on that :) I'm cheering for ya Reagan!

Kristin said...

TOO CUTE!!! What a smart little girl!! LOVED THE VIDEO!!

Lindsey said...

Keep us posted on the outcome! When do you expect to hear something back? I could watch that video over and over, even if it is 10 minutes long.

Stephanie said...

Great job putting the video together. You did a good job showcasing her many talents! It was really helpful to have the little captions at the bottom. The state capitols was a new one, I hadn't witnessed that yet. She is truly amazing! I still am curious what her IQ is! If they don't have her on Ellen, they're crazy!!!

The Hargrove's Four said...

Good luck, Reagan! Awesome video, Katie.

Mama Brooks said...

She is the most amazing child we have ever seen!

Ally Cat Girl said...

Reagan is so smart! You should enter her in the Regis and Kelli contest too. You might get two fun trips out of it!

Linz said...

I am so glad you guys are going for it!