Tuesday, September 11, 2007
a year ago
One year ago today, I was anxiously waiting for the arrival of my daughter. She was due on the 10th of September, but once that day had passed and no arrival, I started hoping that she wouldn't be born on September 11th. My wish was granted, and at 2 am on the 12th my water broke. 11 hours later my beautiful daughter was born and life as I knew it changed. No one could have prepared my husband and I for the trials that awaited us. Surgery at 3 days, diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis at 12 days... It was horrible! But here we are almost a year later, and all I can think about is what a tremendous blessing Baby R is. Everything we went through made me appreciate life even more and appreciate these wonderful bodies we are blessed with even more. As I look at my wonderful, healthy, happy daughter, I can't help but smile. Her smiles are contagious, her laughs are contagious, her happiness is contagious. She loves life and wants to be a part of everything. I learn so much from her - she stops to smell the flowers, she says "Hi" to strangers, she loves the outdoors, she laughs at cats and dogs, she talks to inanimate objects, she loves food... The list goes on and on. Children are wonderful. I love being a mom. Happy Birthday tomorrow Baby R!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Happy Birthday, Reagan! We'll see you soon!
and Happy Birthday today. we love her tremendously.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY REAGAN! I Wish I could be there.
Happy Birthday Reagan. Thanks for keeping us posted on you guys Katie.
Hi Katie,
Don't know if you remember me from Institute and the University ward, but I was there around 4 years ago, Heather (Dopp).
Anyways, love the blog and we jsut had a little girl born on Sept 12 this year - small world!
Hope your doing well.
Post a Comment